Monday 2 April 2007

Closing thoughts

So that’s it. There have been a lot of other things happening to me but I would never get it all down on paper! My last word is this; God is really here. What I am experiencing is not some sort of wishy-washy, vague belief that there is something out there. God, through the Holy Spirit, is in me. He is moving me, daily, to change. I have never felt so fulfilled. I have never experienced such peace and, on the other hand, such excitement. Every day I am glad to be alive. But most of all, I have never felt so loved with such a love. Miracles have become commonplace in my life!

Now, eleven years later I am very happy to add to this story and say that I am as happy now as I was back then when I was first converted. I still love God and have a daily relationship with Him. I still love my husband Niall, even more than I did when we were first married, God is helping me rear Sean and he is a good wee boy.
Since my salvation eleven years ago, God has saved my mum, dad, step mum and last Saturday my son! I am so very, very happy. There has been trials, most certainly, but I never face them alone. God takes me through every one of them and when I come out the other side I am closer to Him than I was and that's not a bad thing!


1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Hello Ruth,
I just read through your testimony. I started at the top and read continuously to here. I appreciate your being discreet and yet fully confessional..you have shared vulnerably and with grace. I recognize who you invited into your life! Thank you!