Tuesday 3 April 2007

Christians courting

One of the most amazing and (almost!) unbelievable things I have learned since I have been saved is how a lot of Christian parents are rearing their children. There is a whole worldwide community of children out there who are not going to discos, are not dating every Tom, Dick or Harriet, and who do respect and obey their parents. They are not bringing home all the problems that are associated with this kind of living. I found it incredible when I met parents who did, and still are, bringing up their children with Biblical standards. I have met many families who have done this and with great success. I thought it so incredible that initially I refused to believe it, I simply couldn’t believe it until I saw it with my own eyes! Children have grown up into adulthood and have yet to be in a relationship with a member of the opposite sex. Teenagers and adults who have accepted God’s standards and who are happy, willing and able to do so. The Church I attend has these families in it, families who are living proof that it is possible to live your life by the standards set out in the Bible, with the help of our Lord. So with this in mind, it’s not that incredible to think we made it to our wedding day without falling by the way side. I love Niall very much. This is more than a third chance of happiness. God has given Niall and me the wonderful privilege of living as man and wife are meant to live, and with God’s blessing, we will live out our lives together for Him and His glory.

No comments: